This is the web page for Appian Place. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
2017 Hurricane Guide
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- NOAA Weather Safety: Hurricanes June 26th, 2019: Read more about this.
- Councilman Ron Brinson District 4 Updates January 25, 2019 January 29th, 2019: Councilman Ron Brinson January 25, 2019 Rail Crossing Closings Update Dorchester Road Improvements Update Restaurants Apartments Project Bad News Good News Rail Crossings Maintenance – There will be traffic interruptions January 28-31 on major traffic highways, including Ashley Phosphate and Ladson Roads. The sliver of good news is that this upset will be completed about two weeks ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- North Charleston City Council Updates provided by Councilman Ron Brinson – August 11, 2018 August 13th, 2018: City Government Day! Great opportunity to learn about your city and how it operates. Saturday August 18 from 10 a.m. to noon. Come to City Hall with your family members to meet Mayor Keith Summey and City Council members and department heads. It will be a forum for citizens to meet the folks who make ... Read more about this.
- 2017 Annual Meeting Reminder April 03rd, 2017: Hello Residents of Appian Place, This is just a reminder that the Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday April 11, 2017 and will be called to order at 6:00 pm. The mailed notice said Thursday April 11, 2017, but please take note the meeting will be held on TUESDAY April 11, 2017 at the Ashley ... Read more about this.
- Garbage Collection Running On Regular Schedule October 06th, 2015: The City of North Charleston has advised garbage collection will continue running on regular schedule this week. They are collecting all areas on their normal routes unless the roads are inaccessible. Read more about this.
- Ten Digit Dialing Begins September 19th September 21st, 2015: On September 19, 2015 all Lowcountry residents must begin dialing the 843 area code plus the seven digit number for local calls. This is in preparation for the new area code, 854, to be activated on October 19, 2015. Read more about this.
- Did you know that Dorchester County sprays for mosquitos? July 27th, 2015: The county has been divided up into 50 zones to insure that all areas are treated regularly. They spray between the hours of 9:00pm – 5:00am Monday – Friday. The next spray for your area is scheduled for July 31st. For more information and an up to date schedule please visit Dorchester County’s Website Read more about this.
- Appian Place Annual Meeting April 27th, 2015: REMINDER: APPIAN PLACE HOMEOWNERS ASSOCIATION NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEMBERS’ MEETING The Appian Place Homeowners Association Annual Members’ Meeting will be held on Thursday, April 30, 2015 at the Ashley River Fire Department, 8045 Dorchester Road, N. Charleston, SC 29418. The meeting will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. and all are encouraged to attend. The purpose for conducting the Annual ... Read more about this.
- Alligator Removal March 09th, 2015: As spring comes to Charleston, alligators will be making their way through and often stop in community ponds for a visit. The below information is from the SCDOR and will hopefully provide answers to many of the questions you may have. Please be reminded that there is no “relocation” or “re-homing” program for alligators and that any ... Read more about this.
- Stop, don’t chop your Crape Myrtles! February 10th, 2015: Just because your neighbors butcher their crepe myrtles doesn’t mean you should too. Here’s how to fix past mistakes and prune them right. Steve Bender Each Saturday morning after football season ends, legions of bored men armed with saws and loppers emerge from their garages to commit “crepe murder.” They needlessly reduce majestic crepe myrtles to ugly ... Read more about this.
- Happy 2015 December 31st, 2014: On behalf of your Association, we wish you a bright and happy New Year that brings many blessings. CMG looks forward to serving you and will be happy to answer any questions or assist with any Association matters you may have. Please feel free to reach out to your Association office at 843-795-8484 or email@example.com. Wishing you all ... Read more about this.
- Happy Holidays December 16th, 2014: On behalf of your community Board of Directors and CMG, we would like to wish you a very happy holiday season filled with laughter and love. This is an excellent time to meet your neighbors and bring some cheer in your community. Please have a safe and happy season and, as always, we are here ... Read more about this.
- National Safety Council Holiday Tips December 02nd, 2014: The National Safety Council offers these suggestions to help make your holiday season safe. Toys and Gifts Be especially careful when you choose toys for infants or small children. Avoid toys with small parts that can be pulled or broken off or prove a choking hazard. Be aware of dangers associated with coin lithium batteries Fireplaces Don’t burn trees, wreaths ... Read more about this.
- Tax Exempt Weekend August 01st, 2014: Take advantage of the tax free weekend this weekend for back to school supplies. A full list of the exempt items can be found on the SC department of revenue website but many of the items are listed below, courtesy of Live 5 News. FULL LIST OF EXEMPT AND NON-EXEMPT ITEMS: Pursuant to Code Section 12-36-2120(57), the ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.