Got Welcome to the Retreat at Riverland
Below you’ll find news and manager updates, photos, community documents, Community Calendar and important property owner rules and information. Check out Board Member and Annual Meeting photos below…and Community Special Events.
Please check back often. In the meantime, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
The alternate direct telephone number for Retreat owners is 795-8470.
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one pool key/access device by The Retreat at Riverland HOA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $35.00 payable to The Retreat at Riverland. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key. Please note that only 1 key is permitted to be activated per household.
Documents and Important Retreat at Riverland Information:
Rules and Regulations
Retreat at Riverland HPR Master Deed COMPLETE (OCR) VERY large file (14 Megabytes)
2019 Annual Board Presentation
Retreat Fee Schedule
Owner Information Form
Tenant Information Form
Riverland Vehicle Registration
Preventative Maintenance Inside Units
Pest Control Treatment
Request for ARB approval of home modifications
2019-2020 Insurance Letter
- Why do I have to pay $200 and $1,000 to rent my unit at the Retreat? The $200 goes into the general operating account to be used for items that are frequently damaged during a move such as the building gates and elevators. The $1,000 is used simply as a security deposit for any common or limited common element that may have been damaged by the tenant.
- How do I change my code for the entrance gate? Call Community Management Group. The code can be updated directly from our office.
- Can I have the gate call my cell phone when someone arrives? The gate can be programmed to call any local number. If the cell phone is outside of the local area code it cannot be used.
- Where do I get a key for the riser room? The cable company needs to access the riser room to set up cable. The cable company, the tenant or the owner can come to CMG to sign out a key. The request should be made 24 hours in advance to ensure the key is available. The key must be returned within 24 hours.
- What is with that Alligator picture? This guy is a resident in the large pond. Obey the signs and respect these animals. NEVER EVER feed alligators.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Charleston County EOC Hurricane Guide September 04th, 2019: Good Morning! Below is a link to the Charleston County EOC Hurricane Guide that includes helpful information to ensure you are prepared for a major storm. chas-co-eoc-hurricane-guide Stay Safe! Read more about this.
- NOAA Hurricane Safety Information September 03rd, 2019: noaa-hurricane-safety_flyer Read more about this.
- Hurricane Watch Prep September 03rd, 2019: Good Morning! As there is still some uncertainty of the level of impact Hurricane Dorian may have here in the Low Country, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed but good items to know. To make sure that all the HOA needs are addressed ... Read more about this.
- Storm Prep – Hurricane Dorian September 02nd, 2019: Good Morning, As there is still some uncertainty of the level of impact Dorian may have here in the Lowcountry, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed, but good items to know. It will be important for all residents to secure all outside items ... Read more about this.
- Hurricane Prep September 02nd, 2019: Our team is closely watching the developments of Hurricane Dorian. While we are hoping for the best, in order to be ready as possible, we are preparing for the worst. Preparations have already started within FirstService Residential to provide assistance from national, regional, and local resources should they be needed. Our internal disaster preparedness plan ... Read more about this.
- NOAA Weather Safety: Hurricanes June 26th, 2019: Read more about this.
- Updates from the City of Charleston – Hurricane Florence: Contract Trash Collection September 12th, 2018: Updates from the City of Charleston View this email in your browser Neighborhood News Special Bulletin Hurricane Florence: Contract Trash Collection Please be advised that trash collection by third party contractors (such as Carolina Waste, Republic, etc.) in outer West Ashley (located outside 526) and Johns Island will not occur this week, due to Hurricane Florence. Please secure carts/bins and any yard ... Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- Retreat at Riverland Pool Resurfacing February 14th, 2018: Hello Retreat at Riverland Property Owners, The pool resurfacing project is scheduled to begin on Thursday February 15th. The project will take roughly 2 weeks to complete. Please do not enter the pool area while the vendor is working. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 843-795-8484. Read more about this.
- Insurance Information September 08th, 2017: Should you have any damage to your property please contact your Association insurance agent. Miles Stalvey (HUB International) ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.