This is the web page for Blackberry Creek. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. A community calendar is online as well.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- How to Be Safe Around Alligators May 26th, 2017: Alligators are indigenous to South Carolina, their presence in the Lowcountry is constant – even when not seen basking in the sun on pond banks within your community. Although alligators are no longer listed as a federally endangered species, their status has been upgraded to threatened due to its similarity of appearance to the threatened ... Read more about this.
- Submit your amendment vote now! April 25th, 2017: Dear Blackberry Creek Homeowner, A special meeting to vote on an amendment for the Association has been scheduled for May 4, 2017 at 7pm! In order to meet quorum, we need everyone to complete the vote form, even if you plan to attend. Paper copies of all documents have been sent to you via USPS, as ... Read more about this.
- Spring reminders! March 15th, 2017: Spring has sprung and lawns everywhere are greening up . Plants and shrubs are sprouting out branches and flower beds are filling with weeds. Remember, your Association governing documents require each owner to keep their yards maintained, mowed, edged, weeded and trimmed. Take some time to refresh the beds with new mulch or pine straw. ... Read more about this.
- It’s time for Spring cleaning! March 06th, 2017: Spring To-Do List Weed and feed your lawn with pre-emergent which will kill and broadleaf weeds, dandelions, and onion grass. The feed will fertilize your lawn to help it come back more lush than before. Pressure or soft wash your home and any exterior building on your property Pickup all yard debris in your yard and trim back ... Read more about this.
- Pond treatment February 17th, 2017: All community ponds were recently treated for algae growth. None of the pond areas have use restrictions after this treatment. Read more about this.
- Moles and your yard- information from the Staff Horticulturist January 24th, 2017: Moles are out and about! What does this mean for your community? The following is an excerpt from our in-house horticulturalist, Mike Ferrazzano: Moles are and have been an ongoing problem in landscape. When temperatures drop in the fall, moles are out in full force to find as much food as possible. Now that temperatures have warmed up as ... Read more about this.
- Next Board Meeting January 18th, 2017: The Board of Directors will be meeting at the community pavilion at 7 pm on January 18th. Read more about this.
- Annual Meeting for Blackberry Creek October 20th, 2016: 2016 Annual Meeting October 20, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. DuBose Middle School Cafeteria 1005 DuBose School Road, Summerville, SC 29483 Read more about this.
- Important Post Hurricane Information for Dorchester County Residents October 11th, 2016: Structural and Tree Damage Dorchester County residents who sustained residential structural damage from sustained wind, water damage (due to flooding), or tree damage as a result of Hurricane Matthew should contact Dorchester County at (843) 832-0393 or (843) 562-0393 and/or email@example.com to report the damage. Residents should be prepared to provide the following information: Name: Address (of damaged property): Phone number: Email: Location ... Read more about this.
- Hurricane information and help links October 04th, 2016: Hurricane Matthew is now churning toward the Southeast coastline. Forecasting models now generally project it to pass very close to South Carolina coast, but this forecast could change quickly and bring greater threats of a direct impact to our area. Please pay close attention to all advisories and any evacuation orders. Please take precautions early. Store/secure ... Read more about this.
- Community Yard Sale- Saturday, April 16th from 8am to noon April 13th, 2016: It’s that time of year again to clear out the clutter and make some cash! Blackberry Creek will host its community yard sale on Saturday, April 16th, from 8am to Noon. Please join your neighbors in this community wide Spring cleaning event. Read more about this.
- Information about lawn burn caused by pets March 30th, 2016: Please read the informative information below in regards to Lawn Burn caused by pet urine. Obviously at times this cannot be helped but please try and walk your dog along the wooded area to urinate in the wood line or pine straw area. Your HOA spends a large amount of money trying to keep the ... Read more about this.
- Community pond update March 23rd, 2016: Community ponds were recently cleaned and inspected. You may notice some brighter lighting as many of the fountain light bulbs were replaced. Read more about this.
- New Lighting February 17th, 2016: At the annual meeting held last fall, owners requested some additional lighting along the community entrance on Orangeburg Road as a capital improvement. This project has been approved by the Board of Directors and is currently in progress. Scheduled completion of all lights is for this week, weather permitting. Read more about this.
- Reminder- pet waste February 04th, 2016: Just a friendly reminder to be courteous of your neighbors and to pick up after your pets. Please be respectful and clean up all areas including sidewalks/walkways, vacant lots, common areas and individuals property. Pets need be leashed and under control at all times. Dog waste is more than just a smelly and unsightly mess. It’s ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.