News is updated bi-weekly or more often below.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- NOAA Hurricane Safety Information August 03rd, 2020: noaa-hurricane-safety_flyerDownloadRead more about this.
- Let There Be Light – Wednesday, April 1 @ 7pm April 01st, 2020:
- Legend Oaks 3 – Yard of the Month December December 26th, 2019: I am pleased to announce that the Legend Oaks 3 Association has continued Yard of the Month for 2019. During the months of May, June and July members of the Board will select the most well maintained yard in the community. Winners will be awarded a $50 gift card to Lowes. During the month of December ...Read more about this.
- Charleston County EOC Hurricane Guide September 04th, 2019: Good Morning! Below is a link to the Charleston County EOC Hurricane Guide that includes helpful information to ensure you are prepared for a major storm. chas-co-eoc-hurricane-guide Stay Safe!Read more about this.
- NOAA Hurricane Safety Information September 03rd, 2019: noaa-hurricane-safety_flyerRead more about this.
- Hurricane Watch Prep September 03rd, 2019: Good Morning! As there is still some uncertainty of the level of impact Hurricane Dorian may have here in the Low Country, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed but good items to know. To make sure that all the HOA needs are addressed ...Read more about this.
- Storm Prep – Hurricane Dorian September 02nd, 2019: Good Morning, As there is still some uncertainty of the level of impact Dorian may have here in the Lowcountry, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed, but good items to know. It will be important for all residents to secure all outside items ...Read more about this.
- Hurricane Prep September 02nd, 2019: Our team is closely watching the developments of Hurricane Dorian. While we are hoping for the best, in order to be ready as possible, we are preparing for the worst. Preparations have already started within FirstService Residential to provide assistance from national, regional, and local resources should they be needed. Our internal disaster preparedness plan ...Read more about this.
- Legend Oaks 3 – Yard of the Month August 15th, 2019: I am pleased to announce that the Legend Oaks 3 Association has continued Yard of the Month for 2019. During the months of May, June and July members of the Board will select the most well maintained yard in the community. Winners will be awarded a $50 gift card to Lowes. During the month of December a home will be selected that is decorated for the Holidays. The Yard of the Month selected for the Month of July 2019 is 105 Back Tee Circle. On ...Read more about this.
- NOAA Weather Safety: Hurricanes June 26th, 2019:
- Springtime in an HOA March 08th, 2019: Springtime is about to………. Get ready to enjoy the sunlight, but along with the beautiful weather we all have more responsibilities as landscape comes out of dormancy and we are greeted with mother nature’s confetti as the pollen covers all of our belongings. Your Legend Oaks III Homeowners Association would like to let you know what will be taken ...Read more about this.
- Legend Oaks 3 – Yard of the Month December 27th, 2018: I am pleased to announce that the Legend Oaks 3 Association has continued Yard of the Month for 2018. During the months of May, June and July members of the Board will select the most well maintained yard in the community. Winners will be awarded a $50 gift card to Lowes. During the month of December ...Read more about this.
- Storm Clean Up October 11th, 2018: Please keep in mind we are seeing a lot of wind-blown debris and this will likely be second priority for all landscape companies to remove. It will be as much as 7 to 10 days before everything is tidy and back to normal. It is possible there may be charges for extra clean up unless it’s ...Read more about this.
- Community Yard Sale September 24th, 2018: Legend Oaks Community Yard Sale Saturday, September 29th 7:00 am until 12:00 pmRead more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ...Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.
Legend Oaks Plantation is a residential community on the outskirts of the historic Town of Summerville in Dorchester County, famous for its annual Azalea Festival. It is located 30 miles from Charleston near the end of the Ashley River Road Scenic Corridor. Ashley River Road is home to Drayton Hall, Magnolia Plantation, and Middleton Place, three of the loveliest remaining plantations open to the public in the Old South. The area is characterized by lovely old oak trees, some over 250 years old, and streams and wetlands that connect to both the Ashley and the Stono Rivers. Prior to development as a golf course community, the land was a working rice plantation. In the center of the community of over 600 homeowners, is the lovely 18 hole semi-private Legend Oaks Golf Club.Legend Oaks Plantation is the original subdivision developed around the Legend Oaks Plantation Golf Club. Willow Point and The Providence are also part of the community and are located on the north side of Route 61. Palmetto Forest subdivision off Route 165 and The Club subdivision on Route 61 are part of the greater Legend Oaks Community, but will have their own Homeowner’s Associations. Legend Oaks Golf Club at Legend Oaks Plantation has been voted one of the low country golfing community’s favorite courses. Once a working rice plantation, the 18 hole course was designed by Pete Dye associate Scot Poole III. The course is beautifully landscaped with 200+ year old oak trees and streams and wetlands connecting to the area river systems. In addition to a full service clubhouse, there is also a swimming pool and cabana plus 4 tennis courts, 2 with lights for night play. Information about golf or pool and tennis memberships and club tee times is available at 843.821.4077.
Not too many developments have an elementary and a high school right next door, but we do!
- Beech Hill Elementary School Located right next to Legend Oaks, an easy bicycle ride from your house!
- Rollings Middle School
- Greg Middle School
- Ashley Ridge High School It doesn’t get better than this, an elementary school next door, and a high school as well. Just opened in fall 2008, it is a state-of-the-art high school, and of course, very new. Approximately one mile from the south Legend Oaks entrance.
- SC Department of Education
Legend Oaks Golf Club
Thirty minutes from Charleston on scenic Highway 61 and located on the site of a former rice plantation. Chosen by the readers of Charleston Business Journal as one of the Top Three Low Country Courses, Legend Oaks is genuine Low Country golf at it’s finest. Golf Magazine Travel Editor Brian McCallen likened the approach to the Legend Oaks plantation-style clubhouse, through an avenue of 300-year-old live oaks, to the drive up Magnolia Drive leading to Augusta National. “Though the golf course is more akin to Pinehurst no. 2 in its straightforward presentation of challenge,” McCallen added. Legend Oaks Plantation is a classic layout, nestled in Charleston’s Historic Plantation area. Selected by Golf Styles Magazine in 2007 and 2006 as one of the Top 100 Courses in the Carolina’s…you must, Experience Golf Plantation Style at Legend Oaks!
- Legend Oaks Golf Club Website