This is the web page for Old Rice Retreat. Below, you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information. A community calendar is online as well.
Please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook with the link on the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
Approved Shutter and Door Colors
Below are the approved colors for Front Doors and Shutters within the Old Rice Retreat Community
Paint colors are Sherwin Williams brand and can be found at Lowes
The 2020 pool season ends on September 30th
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one key/access device by the Old Rice Retreat POA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $25.00, payable to Stop Security. You must complete the Pool Key Request Form and return it via email to Stop Security at email@example.com. Please note that only 1 key is permitted to be activated per household.
Old Rice Retreat Governing Documents
Cane Bay Plantation CCRs and By Laws
Old Rice Retreat Application to Reserve the Pavilion
Old Rice Retreat ARB Guidelines
Old Rice Retreat ACC Approval Request
Frequently Asked Questions
Round Table Updates:
September 25, 2018
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- NOAA Hurricane Safety Information August 03rd, 2020: noaa-hurricane-safety_flyerDownloadRead more about this.
- Let There Be Light – Wednesday, April 1 @ 7pm April 01st, 2020:
- Charleston County EOC Hurricane Guide September 04th, 2019: Good Morning! Below is a link to the Charleston County EOC Hurricane Guide that includes helpful information to ensure you are prepared for a major storm. chas-co-eoc-hurricane-guide Stay Safe!Read more about this.
- NOAA Hurricane Safety Information September 03rd, 2019: noaa-hurricane-safety_flyerRead more about this.
- Hurricane Watch Prep September 03rd, 2019: Good Morning! As there is still some uncertainty of the level of impact Hurricane Dorian may have here in the Low Country, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed but good items to know. To make sure that all the HOA needs are addressed ...Read more about this.
- Storm Prep – Hurricane Dorian September 02nd, 2019: Good Morning, As there is still some uncertainty of the level of impact Dorian may have here in the Lowcountry, the Association wanted to mention a few items to keep in mind – hopefully these measures will not be needed, but good items to know. It will be important for all residents to secure all outside items ...Read more about this.
- Hurricane Prep September 02nd, 2019: Our team is closely watching the developments of Hurricane Dorian. While we are hoping for the best, in order to be ready as possible, we are preparing for the worst. Preparations have already started within FirstService Residential to provide assistance from national, regional, and local resources should they be needed. Our internal disaster preparedness plan ...Read more about this.
- NOAA Weather Safety: Hurricanes June 26th, 2019:
- Spring arrived a bit sooner then expected…… March 04th, 2019: As Spring returns to the Lowcountry and brings us warmer weather, it also brings the growing season with pollen and those pesky weeds we see popping up at our driveways, sidewalks and lawns. Spring is also Mother Nature’s call to us to begin “Spring Cleaning” around our homes. This is a good time of year to begin buttoning up ...Read more about this.
- Old Rice Retreat Holiday Decoration Contest December 07th, 2018: Win a prize just for sharing your holiday spirit! Show off your best holiday decorations. No specific theme necessary. Guest judging will occur Friday, December 21st after dark. Two winners will be selected: Best Overall Display and Most Original Design. Good luck everyone!Read more about this.
- ORR – Playground Update December 04th, 2018: Work on the playground to remove the aged wooden structures will begin later today, continuing thru Friday (weather permitting). The wooden structures served the Association well, but the outside elements have taken their toll. Those owners attending the Annual Meeting were made aware of the removal and replacement project. An email will be sent to ...Read more about this.
- Old Rice Retreat Annual Meeting November 09th, 2018: The Old Rice Retreat at Cane Bay Plantation Property Owners Association’s Annual Meeting will be held on Tuesday, November 27th beginning at 6:30 PM. This important meeting will be held at the Cane Bay High School Media Center – located across from the steps leading up to the auditorium. See you there!Read more about this.
- Pond Turnover October 25th, 2018: As we go into the fall months, we are in a time period where we will face fall turnovers in the pond waters. Turnovers occur naturally in the fall. The incremental drop in air temperature slowly decreases the surface water temperature, and the layers in the pond mix gradually. This gradual mixing rarely causes a ...Read more about this.
- Storm Clean Up October 12th, 2018: Hurricane Michael has left many areas with wind-blown debris in his wake. Please be aware the landscapers are aware of the needs and will be attending to the clean up when onsite performing routine maintenance. It may be as much as 7 to 10 days before everything is tidy and back to normal. Thank you ...Read more about this.
- Old Rice Pool Closing Date October 01st, 2018: The Association is happy to announce: Due to the continued warm weather, the pool will remain open through October 31st for owner use. Thank you!Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.