Below you’ll find news and manager updates, photos, community documents, Community Calendar and important property owner rules and information. Check out Board Member and Annual Meeting photos below…and Community Special Events.
Please check back often. In the meantime, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
The direct telephone number for Retreat owners is (843)872-5688.
2021 Pool Season: April 1st – October 30th
Pool keys – New home buyers are sent one pool key/access device by The Retreat at Riverland HOA. Resale pool keys and cards must convey at Closing. If any card is lost or stolen, a replacement is available for $35.00 payable to The Retreat at Riverland. Please follow this link to order a replacement amenity key. Please note that only 1 key is permitted to be activated per household.
Documents and Important Retreat at Riverland Information:
Rules and Regulations
Retreat at Riverland HPR Master Deed COMPLETE (OCR) VERY large file (14 Megabytes)
Retreat Fee Schedule
Owner Information Form
Tenant Information Form
Riverland Vehicle Registration
Preventative Maintenance Inside Units
Pest Control Treatment
Request for ARB approval of home modifications
Insurance letter 2019-2020
- Why do I have to pay $200 and $1,000 to rent my unit at the Retreat? The $200 goes into the general operating account to be used for items that are frequently damaged during a move such as the building gates and elevators. The $1,000 is used simply as a security deposit for any common or limited common element that may have been damaged by the tenant.
- How do I change my code for the entrance gate? Call FirstService Residential. The code can be updated directly from our office.
- Can I have the gate call my cell phone when someone arrives? The gate can be programmed to call any local number. If the cell phone is outside of the local area code it cannot be used.
- Where do I get a key for the riser room? The cable company needs to access the riser room to set up cable. The cable company, the tenant or the owner can come to the clubhouse to sign out a key. The request should be made 24 hours in advance to ensure the key is available. The key must be returned within 24 hours.
- What is with that Alligator picture? This guy is a resident in the large pond. Obey the signs and respect these animals. NEVER EVER feed alligators.
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- Alligator Removal March 09th, 2015: As spring comes to Charleston, alligators will be making their way through and often stop in community ponds for a visit. The below information is from the SCDOR and will hopefully provide answers to many of the questions you may have. Please be reminded that there is no “relocation” or “re-homing” program for alligators and that any ...Read more about this.
- Assessment Reminder December 30th, 2014: Christmas Tree Disposal: For your convenience arrangements have been made for the delivery of a dumpster this week to dispose of Christmas trees. Please be sure to remove all decorations prior to disposing your tree. The dumpster will be located directly next to the compactor area in the empty parking space. DO NOT PUT GARBAGE IN ...Read more about this.
- Recent Vehicle Break-Ins December 16th, 2014: On Sunday night there were at least two attempted vehicle break-ins in the community. One owner from the 800 building had his front passenger window broken out. The vehicle had an alarm which probably scared off the perpetrator because nothing was stolen. Another owner from the 1100 reported that there was damage to her car ...Read more about this.
- Annual Meeting – Save the Date October 30th, 2014: The Retreat at Riverland Annual meeting has been scheduled for Saturday, January 31st in the James Island Presbyterian Church Gymnasium located at 1632 Ft. Johnson Rd. The meeting will begin promptly at 10:00 am. There are three seats with expiring terms. Each term is two years. If you are interested in running for the Board, please contact ...Read more about this.
- Quarterly Board Meeting October 15th, 2014: The quarterly meeting will be held at the Clubhouse on Thursday, October 16th at 5:30 pm. Following the meeting, there will be a community social. The association will be providing fried chicken and pulled pork barbeque. Please bring a dish to share and your favorite drink. Since it’s October, festive attire is suggested!Read more about this.
- Quarterly Board Meeting October 07th, 2014: The quarterly board meeting will be held in the Clubhouse Thursday, October 16th at 5:30 pm. Please mark your calendars to attend this meeting to get updates on community projects and concerns. The Board will be using a conference call, similar to the lawyers’ meetings to allow out of town owners to participate. For the Phone Number and ...Read more about this.
- Propane September 25th, 2014: With the weather cooling down, it’s that time of year for fireplaces to be starting up. The propane is scheduled to be turned back on by October 1st.Read more about this.
- Turf Treatments September 05th, 2014: Pre-emergent and fall fertilizer treatments will be applied to grass areas throughout the community on September 11th weather pending. A sign will be posted at the community entrance 2 days prior to the application and removed two days following. It is recommended that you avoid the treated areas until the sign as been removed.Read more about this.
- Temporary Pool Closing August 29th, 2014: Unfortunately, someone got sick in the pool this afternoon. Per DHEC regulations the pool must be treated and closed for 24 hours. The treatment was applied on Friday and the pool will remain closed until 4:00 Saturday afternoon. We appreciate your patience while the pool is closed for treatment.Read more about this.
- Informational Homeowner’s Meeting August 07th, 2014: As you may know, the association recently discovered problems with the porches/balconies at building 1000. Out of an abundance of caution, once these issues were discovered the Board hired an engineer to evaluate the porches/balconies and other building components throughout the project. In addition to having these construction conditions evaluated, the Board has hired attorneys, ...Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.