This is the web page for Summertrees. Below you’ll find news and manager updates, community documents and important property owner information.
Please check back often. In the mean time, please be sure that your Association has your contact information by visiting this page Contact FirstService Residential and filling out the contact info form. Please also “Like” us on Facebook. There’s a link at the top of the page. Click here for information on handyman services!
Covenants Conditions and Restrictions
Summertrees Covenant Violations Checklist
Crime Prevention Tips – Charleston Police Department
Additional Crime Information
Frequently Asked Questions
SHOA Golf Cart Safety Information
December 2019 Memo to Summertrees HOA Members
You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader available via this link.
Manager Information and Real-Time Updates:
- NOAA Hurricane Safety Information September 03rd, 2019: noaa-hurricane-safety_flyer Read more about this.
- NOAA Weather Safety: Hurricanes June 26th, 2019: Read more about this.
- Phone numbers to know if a hurricane strikes September 10th, 2018: Add these numbers to your phone contacts because they may come in handy if a hurricane drenches the Lowcountry. The S.C. Emergency Management Department recommends fully charging your cell phone and other mobile devices before the hurricane approaches and to limit non-essential calls. And remember, call 911 only for real emergencies. County Resources: Berkeley County Citizen’s Information ... Read more about this.
- 4th of July Safety Tips June 27th, 2017: National Council on Fireworks Safety Encourages Safe and Fun Fourth of July Celebrations, here are a few of their reminders: 1. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks. 2. Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting. 3. A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children. 4. Alcohol ... Read more about this.
- Termite reminder June 09th, 2017: Homeowners There have been numerous reports of swarming termites throughout the Lowcountry. Please be alert and should you see termites at your residence, immediately take action by contacting your Termite Contractor so they can assess the situation at your home. Read more about this.
- How to Be Safe Around Alligators May 26th, 2017: Alligators are indigenous to South Carolina, their presence in the Lowcountry is constant – even when not seen basking in the sun on pond banks within your community. Although alligators are no longer listed as a federally endangered species, their status has been upgraded to threatened due to its similarity of appearance to the threatened ... Read more about this.
- Community Parking May 02nd, 2017: As a matter of safety for you and your neighbors, and in accordance with Charleston City Ordinance, the Charleston City Police Department will begin ticketing all vehicles which are parked blocking (either partially or entirely) sidewalks in the Summertrees subdivision. This includes vehicles that may be partly in driveways. Ticketing will begin on June 1, ... Read more about this.
- Information about lawn burn caused by pets March 30th, 2016: Please read the informative information below in regards to Lawn Burn caused by pet urine. Obviously at times this cannot be helped but please try and walk your dog along the wooded area to urinate in the wood line or pine straw area. Your HOA spends a large amount of money trying to keep the ... Read more about this.
- Smoke Detectors and Extinguishers August 18th, 2014: Hello All! As we approach the end of the year, please remember to check your smoke/carbon monoxide detectors annually and replace the batteries if needed. It is also important to have a fire extinguisher in your home. If you already have an extinguisher, it is good idea to monitor the pressure on the canister every 6-12 ... Read more about this.
- Summertime-Crime Prevention Safety Tips July 10th, 2014: DON’T advertise your trip before you go, or while on it. Social media can be exploited and unknown people in your circles will know when you are gone. Constant posting of pictures on social media will confirm it. Be careful who is around when discussing your trip plans (e.g. strangers, acquaintances – children of friends, an older brother ... Read more about this.
Member Comments and Feedback?
Please note that some documents were downloaded from the County and were current as of the date they were downloaded. They have been scanned via Optical Character Recognition. They are not certified as complete, and they and ARE NOT THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. Please consult your closing attorney or the County directly for the most current, accurate complete and legal information.